Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Afro Baby

So I get home from the Hospital and decide it's time to wash Skotlynd's hair, well look what happened!  it turned into an Afro, believe me these pics don't even do it justice.  I do not know how they had it so tame in the hospital, I can't even get it in to a mohawk with out it curling up and out of wack.  Corban and rayney both have curly hair and I noticed it shortly after they were born, but it wasn't like this.  It's so curly everyone asks if she has black in her!  If it's this curly in Idaho I could  only imagine how crazy and tight it would have been in Georgia.  It will be interesting to see it grow out and what it does, hopefully it's not too scary!  I have to admit, I think it is so cute!!  But the only experience I have with curly  hair is Rayney's and Corban's and theirs is easy to take care of since it is the big softer ringlets.  If anyone has any advice for me on how to take care of my daughter's crazy afro, I would accept any advice you offer.  who knows though, hair is a funny thing, it could grow out straight for all I know.


11 comments:

Amber Horspool said...

Addy, She is so dang ADORABLE! I LOOOVE her curls:) You would think with my outofcontrol curly hair i would've had curly haired kids, but no, they got really relaxed hair. Spencer's has a little curl, but not much.

Pancheri said...

she must be from the chocolate milk man!

The Flynn's said...

She sure is cute. It seems like she looks a lot like Rayney did but that was a long time ago so maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Mary Ann said...

I think her hair is soo cute! She looks like a very content baby!

Landaker Family said...

She is so cute. I love the hair. I wish I could have met her last weekend. I love and miss you guys.

Anne said...

She is such a beautiful girl:) How funny about the hair.

Train Gang said...

wow!! you weren't kidding about the curly hair!! I don't have any good advice because my girls' hair didn't get curly until it got long enough to curl. lol. which takes until about 1 year. But Skotlyn has curls at birth!!! At drug stores they sometimes have this stuff called "baby hair lotion" I've only been able to find it where my sister lives in Caldwell at the "Pennywise" drug store where she lives, but maybe it would be at other drugstores. worth a shot?! She is a DOLL.

Ashley Holladay said...

I don't think you need to do a darn thing with that sweet girl's hair. It suits her just fine. I am excited to see what it does as it gets longer! Love you guys!

Jared and Katy said...

Ok I have meant to add you to my blog for TOO long now and I finally did, so now I can keep up, but your little angel is so cute! And about her hair...I had some crazy hair when till I was in 3rd grade and my mom was horrified with the thought that I would never have pretty hair and then I went to a good hair cutter and he cured me, so hopefully you won't have to wait that long...for now I think it looks very pretty!

Emily said...

Her hair is so adorable. And she looks completely like you to me. I enjoy reading your posts. We just had a great family reunion too here in Provo.

Susan Ballard said...

Dustin and Addy, She DOES look like she has black in her, in her skin and her hair. She is beautiful! You have a lovely family. Susan Ballard