Monday, July 7, 2008

Smith family reunion

This weekend we had our Smith family reunion.  This is by far my favorite reunion!!  We have the craziest, greatest, funnest family ever.  Not many of my first cousins ever show up, but I have always been very close to all my second cousins.  This year the reunion was here in Idaho, we had a pirate theme, thanks to Dustin, who spent hours upon hours working on a fun treasure hunt.  We had tons of fun, finding clues, a treasure map and finally a grand treasure.  My kids had a blast and have gotten so close to all their third cousins, which is great because saddly they don't have any first cousins their age.

The cousins all camp out in my parents yard when they come.
We had tons of fun finding clues and compleating tasks. This was a tug-a-war over the pond,  we also did things like walk the plank, pole valt over the ditch, bob for apples and many more crazy things that led us to the map.
Rayney eating a Sardine

Corban searching for Ducks in the muckDagan was not even going to touch the sardinesWe found the map
That led us to the treasure, it wasn't proving too easy to dig up but eventually we got it out.

The treasure was worth the effort!!




We also had a pirate pizza decorating contest, this was one of the pizzas.  We never actually judged them but had a blast making them and of course eating them.  We were sad when everyone had to leave, we will miss them and wait impatiently for next years grand adventure at the Smith Family Reunion.

3 comments:

Pancheri said...

thats a pretty nice looking piece of art... that artist sure did know what she was doing!!

Katrina, Kyle and Family said...

Hey, you beat me to posting the reunion pictures and you took some better shots then I did. You are so awesome! I had a wonderful time with you. My girls miss Rayney already. I can't wait til next year. Hey, it looks like we brought back some sunshine with us finally.

Ashley Holladay said...

It looks like I have been slacking...I don't even have the pictures up yet from the reunion. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of Kyli's great pizza masterpiece!